The Maverick Entrepreneur™ Series
Blogging For Small Business Owners
by Bob “MAVERICK” Stanford – Senior Business Consultant
If you run a small company, you may find that the world of blogging is vital tool for business owners to utilize. Blogging is a great way to get the word out to consumers about your products or services, and it can be useful for inspiring employee loyalty, helping you keep your workers at peak performance, training, and morale.
And, if your competitors have one, do you really want to be passed over by future online searchers visiting your competitors website and BLOGS instead? Ultimately, that can become a death blow if your competition is aggressive online, growing, and drawing YOUR potential customers to them.
If you are looking for an effective way to advance your business to the next level, consider the many benefits of starting your own blog.
Benefits of having a BLOG for a small company
- It can greatly Boost your presence on Google, Yahoo, and other Search Engine (Called SEO – Search Engine Optimization)
- Providing an online presence to Develop & Strengthen Relationships with New and Existing Customers
- Position Your Business as an Industry Leader, especially if you are a local company.
- Solidify, and advertise your Brand to potential customers. Enhances your posture with existing customers too.
- Express Yourself, Your Passions and educate potential customers to your products /services
- Share Your Knowledge for online searchers
- Helps refine Your Writing technique, and skills
- Learn How To increase your companies income through the benefits of online marketing
- Build Your Professional Network.of customers
- Gain additional business exposure
- Enter the 21st Centuries standard business model
- Increase your advertising for very LITTLE cost
The key to having a successful blog as a business owner is keeping your goals clear and concrete at every step of your blogging adventure.
It can be all too easy to get sidetracked, especially if you are just learning about the exciting possibilities of blogging technology, but if you want your blog to succeed you need to stay focused.
Write up a plan for how often you will update, how you will promote your blog and retain readers, whether you will feature photographs or video, and other aspects of your blog, and then stick to it with the same kind of determination that you used when you built your company.
HOW TO OUTSOURCE Your Website and BLOGGING Posting Cheaply
If you’re not a technically oriented individual or feel your time is better spent growing and operating your business, consider outsourcing this work. It can cost pennies on the dollar to create and maintain you website, and BLOG by using one or more of the following sources:
* Your local Craigslist
* Your local high school or college – There are students that can, and will build your BLOG, website for very little cost. Simply place a cheap ad in their school newspaper.
STC’s BLOG is publishing a complete series on “Learn To BLOG” for beginners and intermediate Bloggers. Follow it daily if you liked this article and would like to learn more. Thanks for reading.
If you are interested in additional information as outlined in this article, need assistance in applying this information, or just want more resources, contact us for FREE (no obligation) and we will do our best to accommodate you.