The Maverick Entrepreneur™ Series
Tips For effective Internet Marketing
by Contributing Expert Author Jon Pierre
A collection of tips on how to begin internet marketing makes the perfect starting point for a beginner to emerge and hopefully begin marketing their own website much smoother.
Below is just such a collection that will hopefully assist the eager novice into eventually becoming a pro, when it comes to internet marketing.
Once you tell customers why exactly you like a product and the specific features and benefits, they will be more inclined to at least look at your sales page. They can then make an informed decision, based on what you have told them, to purchase the product or service.
- Simple (Short) Domain Name – Whenever possible, try to keep your company’s domain name simple, short, and obvious. The ideal site address should be only a few words, if that many, and would be limited solely to the brand name. Make the domain name highly public by including it on all of your marketing and operational materials.
- Read Books – An important tip regarding Internet marketing is to buy and read books about the Internet and Internet marketing. This is important because many times, the best information is not always available for free online. You can download the latest business books in Digital eBook format, or Kindle to save a bundle.Despite living in an age where we believe that everything is available online, you will find that often times it pays off to purchase a book as a quick and reliable resource.
- Simplify Website Design – Minimize the number of pages that a person needs to go through to get to your content. Visitors are more likely to come back and continue to visit your site if they do not have to suffer through a lot of mouse clicks to get to the meat of your website.
- Single-site Advertising – Now that you’ve chosen a banner design for your website, you have to decide if you’re going to use single-site advertising or network-wide advertising. With single-site advertising, you find sites that relate to your product but are not in direct competition with it.
- CPM Rate – In most cases, you then pay them a specified CPM (Cost per thousand) amount, usually ranging from two to five dollars. With network-wide advertising, you join an advertising network that can feature your banner on select product-related websites or on all of the websites in the network. This method can set you up with banner ads on dozens to hundreds of different websites.
- Newsletters – Offer newsletters to those that visit your site. You want to make sure they remain informed, and you should always be sending them a little reminder of your business, services, and products to ensure that they keep you in mind. You could also offer RSS feeds which could do the same thing, but newsletters remain the most popular option.
- Social Media – You can use social media to your advantage. Try joining appropriate social media groups and communities. You will not only encounter like-minded individuals but you can lead more visitors to your site who may become your future clients. Make sure you keep it friendly and professional so that you can be taken seriously.
- Coupons – To make an online coupon even more attractive to your customers, think about offering a discount on a graduated scale. In other words, the bigger the purchase, the higher the discount. When customers see the bigger discount offered, they are usually tempted to buy one or two more products to reach the higher discount threshold. That means more sales for you.
Well, hopefully, the aforementioned collection of tips were enough to give you a great start on what to do and expect, when it comes to marketing your own website. This collection was carefully constructed to add another resource in your arsenal so that you can begin honing your internet marketing skills, which will then begin growing your online presence.
If you are interested in additional information as outlined in this article, need assistance in applying this information, or just want more resources, contact us for FREE (no obligation) and we will do our best to accommodate you.