The Maverick Entrepreneur™ Series
Click on Image ABOVE for FREE Digital Book
10-Day Marketing to Seniors PART 5 of 10
Tips for marketing to senior women
Dedicated to Sanny Waype
by STC Staff Writer
Women over 50 comprise a lot of different audiences. Therefore, you’ll need to identify your audience to properly market to them. Stats that you can find about senior women may or may not apply to your niche audience, and you won’t know whether that’s true or not unless you study your own audience.
* Know Their Values – What values do your subset of the senior women market have? You can’t assume that all boomer women care about the exact same thing; however, overall you can guess that they’re concerned about retirement, midlife health issues, grandchildren, and older or adult children.
* Create and Share Experiences – Women of a certain age value experiences. They like to listen to other people’s experiences and relate best to women in their own demographic when it comes to talking about almost any topic. If you can create an experience for them that they can talk about and share, plus share other women’s stories, you’ll be able to connect with them on a whole new level.
* Remember, Women Live Longer – Stats show that women tend to live longer than men, so there are a lot of widows out there to market to. If they fit into your audience in some way, you can create a persona of the widow within your niche, and market to her as a sub-niche.
* It’s the Prime of Her Life – Older women aren’t invalids for the most part. In fact, once a woman reaches 50 she may live the next 25 years as a healthier, happier, version of herself who is confident and ready for what the future brings her. Market to that woman and you’ll create a vibrant community of powerful women.
* The Self-Confident Woman – Women older than 50 are usually a lot more confident than women in their 20s, even though media often portrays the opposite. It’s just smoke and mirrors because inside younger women are over-worrying about silly things like stretch marks or a stray gray hair.
* Boomer Women as Game Changers – Women that are over 50 can be seriously confident about their lives. They know that they have control over themselves and their own futures. They respond well to powerful images of women who know what they want and how to get it.
* Avoid Stereotypes – The worst thing you can do when marketing to older women is to fall into a stereotype trap of the insomniac watching the home shopping network while wearing her poise pads. This is a depressing image that isn’t accurate of older women and should be avoided at all costs, even if you sell poise pads.
Like most marketing, you need to know who your audience is, where they hang out, and what their hope, dreams, and fears are. The senior woman’s market isn’t comprised of all the same woman. Their values and interests are more important than their age, although their age also informs a lot of their values and interests.
If you are interested in additional information as outlined in this article, need assistance in applying this information, or just want more resources, contact us for FREE (no obligation) and we will do our best to accommodate you.